Monday, December 16, 2013

Alright my darlings, winter is here in full blast so I have been searching for some new ways to keep my skin and hair hydrated so that it doesn't dry out. It's already in a bun enough from being in hospitals and teaching dance that it definitely needs some extra TLC this time of year. There's been so much hype about the Moroccan Argan oil lately that I figured I would give it a shot. I bought (at Ulta of course) the Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner as it is recommended for curly/wavy dry hair. After towel drying my hair, I used the Argan oil of Morocco (links below) lightly through my hair. It was nice to see that this product didn't weigh down my hair at all as it was drying, and it didn't make my hair look oily when it was completely dried either. There is an incredible sheen to my hair now, and not only does it look different, it feels completely different too! With long hair, my ends tend to get brittle and harsh during the winter or if I have too many late nights studying for the good old BSN, and these products put a new life into my hair. My hair feels silky and soft again, without breakage and dullness throughout the entire strands. So, final recommendation? If you have long locks and the winter or stress is leaving you dry and dull...GET THIS! It is a God-send!

Next...How many of you out there get gel/no-chip manicures? $30-40 a pop, right? Ew. That doesn't sit well with my budget at all. So, because of my points that I had saved up at Ulta, I caved and bought the at home Sally Hansen gel manicure set in Wine Not with a separate bottle of the Sheer color for once my semester starts back up. Okay, so honestly the first time I tried this, I was rushing and it was a complete fail. The gel layers completely stripped off within hours and there was still damp product under the top coat. Highly discouraged and disappointed, I tried again. However, this time I sat down and spent a good 30-45 minutes on my nails, letting each coat cycle twice through the LED dryer (twice what the directions recommend). This made the difference. My nails look just like they would if I went to a salon and got a no-chip mani professionally. Since this kit only cost me $30, rather than the normal $70, I already made my money's worth in saving for manicures. I will keep everyone updated if this lasts me two weeks like the salon manicure does!

Finally, and I already apologize for how much I am going to talk about LUSH cosmetics in this blog, but I HAVE to tell you about the face wash and moisturizer that I use. With all the stress that I am under as a double major and nursing student and recently finishing my presidency of my sorority, my face likes to swing in two completely opposite directions, I am either COMPLETELY dry, or super, super oily. I have always struggled with finding a facial cleanser and moisturizer routine that worked for my skin type and didn't cause me to break out more than the stress already did. This is when Fresh Farmacy and Vanishing Cream entered my life. Fresh Farmacy has chamomile, rose, lavender and tea tree extracts in it (among other magical things) that make my face squeaky clean without adding all the gross chemicals to my skin. You all will come to find out that if I can do something naturally, that is the way that I am going to choose. The moisturizer was really scary for me to try because usually moisturizers make me break out like crazy, but LUSH reps claimed that this has lavender, grape seed oil and witch hazel to keep your face moisturized without being oily. This is a little expensive, but SO worth it. I have never had clearer skin throughout a more stress filled time of my life.

Well there you go lovelies! Hair, Face, and Nail care for the winter (and probably every other) season! See you all soon!

Vanishing Cream http://www.lushusa.com/Moisturizers/moisturisers,en_US,sc.html

Fresh Farmacy http://www.lushusa.com/Cleansers/cleansers,en_US,sc.html

Sally Hansen Gel Nail Kit http://sallyhansen.com/products/nails/gel-nail-color/salon-gel-polish-starter-kit

Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner http://www.organixhair.com/category-title/24

Organix Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil http://www.organixhair.com/product/penetrating-oil

No comments:

Post a Comment